Most healthy pets only see us a few times a year, but these visits are extremely important in the effort to keep your pet healthy and for early detection of potential problems. At each wellness visit, we’ll do a full physical exam, check stool samples for intestinal parasites, give vaccines, and recommend monthly parasite protection. See the tabs below for our detailed recommendations for each stage of your pet’s life.
The following recommendations are approved by the American Association of Feline Practitioners and the American Animal Hospital Association:
- All kittens should have feline leukemia and FIV retroviral testing, intestinal parasite testing and deworming in accordance with CDC recommendations
- Appropriate identification via microchipping
- Year-round broad-spectrum parasite control with efficacy against heartworms, intestinal parasites, and fleas
- 6 weeks: Pediatric examination, feline distemper vaccine
- 9 weeks: Pediatric examination, feline distemper vaccine, and feline leukemia vaccine
- 12 weeks: Pediatric examination, feline distemper vaccine, feline leukemia vaccine, and rabies vaccine